An Indian Head massage is a lovely massage that focuses on the acupressure points along the back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face by using different pressures and techniques from deep tissue work on the shoulders, to invigorating scalp work and gentle relaxation pressure on the face, to relieve any stress and tension.
An Indian head massage is non invasive seated massage, and can either be carried out over clothes if in an work/office setting, or with only the top of the back and shoulders being exposed. A light oil is also used throughout the treatment where skin is exposed.
Benefits of an Indian Head Massage
There are so many benefits to having an Indian head massage
- Promotes hair growth.
- Prevents headaches and migraines by releasing built up tension.
- Relieves symptoms of depression and anxiety through relaxation.
- Relieves stress by quieting the mind.
- Reduces anxiety.
- Aids a better nights sleep.
- Eases eye strain, leaving eyes feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.
- Improves skin condition.
- Promotes a feeling a well being.
- Taking time out to have some self care
It truly is a really relaxing, de stressing and rejuvenating treatment, having the added advantage of being a 30 or 45 minute massage, and can be added onto another of my well being treatments to suit individual needs.